Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs (website addresses) for free full-text references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Permission has been obtained in writing for any photograph, table, or figure copied from an existing publication. This must be shared with the editors upon request. Images obtained from the Internet should be accompanied by website addresses to indicate their source. Permission should be obtained from originators or owners of images
- If an entire sentence or more is copied from any existing publication, it has been placed in quotes and where it was obtained from has been cited. (Copying a sentence or more without doing this is plagiarism.)
- All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- You have considered whether you need to write an abstract. It greatly increases readership for longer evidence-based articles (with references). The words in the abstract may be searchable, making your article easier to find.
- You may skip most fields where meta-data are called for, but using relevant key words not in your title or abstract will let more readers find your article in searches.
Authors retain all copyrights. In making a submission to World Nutrition, they are certifying that all material is theirs except quotations, as indicated, and that they have obtained permission for any photos, tables, or graphics taken from other publications.